Sunday, August 14, 2011

Athens Y-Camp

What a beautiful change of perspective.  God shaped me so much in this week.  Wednesday afternoon through Saturday afternoon I camped with about one hundred other college students from around Georgia from both Grace churches for discipleship training geared towards college ministry.  I went solo, not knowing a soul, and God through me into the path of wonderful teaching and such authentic believers.  I have pages and pages of notes, and so many new friends, brothers and sisters that I can count on and keep up with for encouragement and prayer.  
Where we worshipped.
The camp has been open since 1898, surviving wars and depression.  Each camper has the privilege of adding their name to the collection.  So incredible.  I looked up and around and thought of the countless lives, souls that had passed through this place.  

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...