Monday, April 16, 2012

Grocery Time with Gnomes

The final technique Claudia taught us in Printmaking was one that I had eagerly anticipated: screen printing.  
It was a technique that I felt pretty sure that I would be using in my future work, so I wanted to do something a little more difficult to challenge myself.
So, while everyone else in class made quite stunning, simple, single-layer screen prints, I decided to make a six-layer monstrosity.
It was so fun!
I made two gnome-themed grocery bags for Cam.
The happy mistake of this project was that Claudia had me make stencils out of opaque butcher paper rather than clear contact paper, which we later found meant that we had to print blind. 
Twice. 
So, the gnome bits are all a bit disjointed and adorable.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...