Sunday, June 10, 2012

Paracord Party

 This past Thursday I held my very first Art is for Everyone Tutorial.  I taught ten of the residents how to make paracord bracelets. 
Trying to corral and hold the attention of ten guys definitely reminded me deeply of the four and five year olds that I work with on Sundays, and we even had a little peanut gallery that stuck around to watch and comment.  
Ha!  
But after everyone dived into their own project and got braiding, they became quite absorbed.  
It was so rewarding to watch everyone chat, bond and make something together.
I threw out a few fun facts about Chinese knot-tying and the many uses of paracord.  
After everyone held up their survival bracelets triumphantly, we segued into an evening on the front lawn toasting s'mores.  
Overall, a really successful night.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice Ray.
    There is soo many different paracord colors. I get mine at http://www.mrparacord.com/product-category/paracord/ since they tend to have a lot of colorsin stock.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...