Monday, April 22, 2013

Praying Hands: Be still and know that I am God

I am greeting you from the belly of my final's week. 
I have been tinkering with the idea of prayer, worship, journaling, meditation, and art--
and how I can go about communicating those things using bleeding color and ephemera on brown paper.  
For my final in Life Drawing I knew I wanted to do something with hands; 
I had so enjoyed the hand section of my Engineer with Coffee Pot piece.  
My solution was to complete a diptych on hands in prayer.  
I stalked about the Theta Xi house, pouncing on different brothers and asking them how they prayed.
I settled on my friend Sahil's hands, and bullied Cam into sitting still for my second set of interlaced fingers.  
Since my Engineer piece, I've added metallic oil pastels and two different shades of brown paper.  
I would have preferred to work exclusively on brown kraft paper, but my teacher insisted.  
Praying Hands: Be still and know
Praying Hands: that I am God

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...