Friday, January 7, 2011

Sculpture Fairies


Pure Americana

The sculpture fairies surprised Brenau students Thursday by dropping off several large, quirky and already controversial sculptures on our campus. I should say "We were all agog."

The sculptures were donated by artist Andrew T. Crawford, who crafted "Violin", a popular piece, for our Burd Center 10 years ago. He has given us three of the sculptures ("Bull", "Battleship", and "Launch") on a one year loan and sold "Pure Americana" (the oil can with wings) at "a very good price" he said, "Because I really feel I am part of the university and I love being involved with the school." Thanking the school he said "That commission ["Violin"] was very important to me. It really launched my career."
Bull
Battleship
Launch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...