Monday, October 29, 2012

21st Birthday at 57th Fighter Group

Cam's gift to me for my 21st birthday was a "mystery" dinner. 
All I was told was to dress up and he'd take care of the rest.  
To my surprise, we were picked up in a fancy town car and then whisked away towards the Atlanta airport.  
We pulled a sharp right and suddenly old fighter jets came into view.
He had taken me to 57th Fighter Group, a WWII aviation themed restaurant.  
We walked in, enclosed on either side by feed sack stacked, trench-like walls.  
We then found ourselves in a European farmhouse, the back wall of which was made entirely of windows showcasing a view of Hartford International's finest taking off and landing in the twilight.  
Needless to say, I love this guy, and he knows me so well.  
We split a bottle of wine snuggled in a cozy booth facing the planes, and occasionally put on the headphones attached to the wall that allowed you to listen in on air traffic control.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...