Monday, November 7, 2011

Metro Kidz

 "We believe it is better to build boys and girls than repair men and women."
"Atlanta Metro Kidz is committed to making a positive and permanent impact in the lives of Atlanta’s at-risk children with programs and events designed to promote a child’s spiritual, academic, and emotional well-being. Our non-profit also channels help to those in need through counseling, academic assistance, distribution of food items, household products, and furniture. Metro Kidz comes alongside children and their families to empower them to rise above difficult circumstances and societal expectations. We continue to pour out the love of Jesus Christ to break barriers, and tear down walls in the lives and hearts of Atlanta's inner city children."
It was a beautiful Saturday morning, and although I was low on sleep and dizzy, God met us there.  
Some of these photos were taken by Amber, some by me...and some by the kids!  
We all took turns with her camera and I kept a tight hold on the strap whenever the little guys played photo shoot.                                        
 Misti goes to the Atlanta Dream Center every week, and is a site pastor for several inner city neighborhoods in Atlanta.  
So Amber and I tagged along with her Saturday morning.
Little Evan was begging to be chased, and I didn't feel well at all.  
So I prayed "God, give me strength!" and took off after him!
Not only did I not pass out, but I felt fine for the rest of our time there.
 
 
 
They were all very keen on making our hair "pretty." 
Pretty painful, they yanked very hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...