Monday, June 13, 2011

Concept Art

Concept art for movies has always been dear to me.  When I was little, my first "when I grow up I want to be" was an animator, or "cartoonist" as it was written on my preschool diploma.  I have not lost my love for pictorial story telling.  As I have grown, my parents have learned to purchase our dvds with the extra "Making Of" and "Bonus Features" discs, and my friends know to sit patiently through the illustrated end credits of movies, just so I can see all those different door illustrations in Monsters, Inc. or the different methods of painting Wall-e and the new earth.  If you want to get me a spectacular gift, pick up any of the "The Art of" books released by Disney, Pixar, DreamWorks, etc.  
Here is a little buffet of concept art for you. 

Sketch for Tangled by Claire Keane
These two are both art from Coraline by Chris Appelhans.
I couldn't find an artist for this image, it is included in The Art of Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...