Well, it's awesomely bad love song day here at the Perk.
By Perk I mean my favorite coffee shop nestled in the Gainesville Square: Inman Perk.
P.S. Linger by the Cranberries just came on.
Not awesomely bad.
A series of curious events occurred today in relation to my beloved café.
1. Heading back from Speech Class today with my biffle roomie Amber, out of the blue I looked at her and asked, "Do you want to sit and do homework at Inman?"
Her eyes bulged as she said "Oh my gosh, yes!"
2. Our favorite cookie at Inman is the black and white, or as I fondly call it, zebra cookie.
Whenever I come to Inman with Amber I look like such a cool jo who is always there.
But when we ran to the cookie display case, the lovely owner smirked at me and said
"Black and white cookie?"
Seriously, if you averaged the number of times I come here, it would end up only being once a week.
Amber stood agog.
3. When I ordered my favorite Chai Latte, the sweet barrista looked over the counter and said, "Don't worry, I'm making it with extra crumblies at the bottom, just like you like."
Amber again raised the old eyebrow.
4. I lost my "Best Bag" sometime in the last month which made me very sad. I thought it would turn up in my closet.
It turned up hanging from the shoulder of another customer purchasing her coffee.
I was frozen.
I couldn't say, "Hey, that's my custom made with love bag from my practically mother in law!"
Because she obviously just found it.
And its hers now.
I've been sitting here trying to catch a creeper photo for this post, but I couldn't manage it.
Life if really funny sometimes.
Oh yes, one more curious event:
5. Gracing the walls of Inman Perk are often different murals by local artist Sam Roper.
But when I walked in I gasped as I saw this little addition that was obviously made by somebody new:
A NIGHT FURY!
If you have not watched How To Train Your Dragon, get away from your computer and rent it now.
I know the trailers looked dumb, just ignore them.
That movie will touch your heart and make you cackle like a hyena.
And that's all I've got to say about that.